Last Updated: January 6, 2023
Table of contents
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
- NFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
- YOUR CHOICES AND CONTROLS
- COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNICAL INFORMATION
- NFORMATION SECURITY
- HOW YOU CAN ACCESS OR CORRECT INFORMATION
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING MINOR’S PRIVACY
- CALIFORNIA AND CCPA PRIVACY RIGHTS, METRICS, AND DISCLOSURES
- HOW LONG WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
- HOW TO CONTACT US
By using our Site and Services, you acknowledge that My Paparazzi will use your information in the United States, and any other country where we operate. Please be aware that the privacy laws and standards in certain countries, including the rights of authorities to access your personal information, may differ from those that apply in the country in which you reside. This process is described more fully in the “International Transfers” Section of this Policy.
2. Information We Collect.
All information and personal data we collect and process is only for lawful reasons, such as providing our Services or to fulfill our legal or contractual obligations.
We may collect different types of information during your interactions with our Site and through our advertising and media across the Internet and mobile apps. The categories of personal data you voluntarily provide to us include:
- personal information (e.g. name, email address, location and any other contact information);
- billing information (e.g. credit card information, billing address and any other billing information);
- location information (e.g. city or country);
- unique identifiers (e.g. username or password);
- technical information (e.g. device identifier, IP address, browser type,operating system, etc. . .); and
- usage information (e.g. how you navigate to and from our Site and information about Content or advertisements you have been shown or have clicked on).
- registering and administering your accounts;
- fulfilling transactions, including the Content or Services purchased;
- providing and improving the Services and our Sites;
- displaying content based on your interest in and use of various Services and Content available on or through our Sites;
- answer your inquiries and provide customer service;
- marketing and advertising of our Services, including our newsletters (please see Section 4 “Your choices and controls” below for how to opt out of marketing communications);
- post testimonials about our Services (only with your consent);
- secure the Site and our Services (collectively “Business Purposes”)
For further material on how your Information is used in connection with our Business Purposes, see Section 2 “How We Use The Information.”
Information you provide through engaging with our Content, such as videos, games, apps, and other offerings on or through third party communities, forums, and social media sites, platforms, services, plug-ins and applications (“Social Media Sites”).
Location information, such as your country or address, may be accessed by us through you providing it directly or by the device you access our Sites or Services from. When you register your account and provide your billing information you are directly providing us location information. If you access our Sites on your mobile device, we may collect Information about your device’s precise location. We also may derive a general location from device information (such as an IP address).
Usage information such as data about the Content you view on our Sites. For example, when you view Content on our Sites, we may collect data about your interaction with the specific Content or Service, such as the photographer and location, most successful sale locations, favorite image lists you compile, and searches you conduct, duration of time spent on certain pages and the Site and system information related to Content quality.
We also collect certain technical and usage information when you use our Sites, such as the type of device, browser, and operating system you are using, your Internet service provider or mobile carrier, unique device identifier, identifier for advertisers (“IDFA”), identifiers for vendors (“IDFV”) or media access control address (“MAC address”), IP address, device and browser settings, the webpages and apps you use, advertisements you see and interact with, and certain Site usage information. See Section 5 “Cookies and other technical information” for more information on how we may use these technologies to collect this information.
3. How we use the Information
Providing and marketing products and services. We may use the information we collect about you through our Sites to fulfill your request for, and otherwise provide or analyze your use of our products, programs, services and content, to facilitate sharing and other interactions with Social Media Sites, and to provide, develop, maintain, personalize, protect, and improve you experience and our offerings. For example, we use Information we collect to enable you to do things like (i) get information about our products, services, and content, (ii) locate and access personalized information or functionality based on your interests or location, (iii) buy digital content and other purchases, (iv) engage with interactive features, activities, and Social Media Sites, (v) read and post comments, content, and reviews, or (vi) complete survey questionnaires or provide feedback. We may also use Information to offer, market, and advertise products, programs, and services from us and our affiliates, business partners and select third parties that we believe may be of interest to you.
Communicating with you and others. We may use Information about you to communicate with you, such as (i) to notify you when we make change to our policies or user agreements, (ii) respond to your inquiries and provide you with customer service, (iii) to communicate with you about your purchases or transactions, (iv) to contact you about your account, or (v) to send you information about promotions, offerings, and Site features. When and if available, you may also choose to receive push notifications on your mobile device.
Use of technical and usage information. We may use technical and usage information to improve the design, functionality and content of our Sites and to enable us to personalize your experience with our Sites and offerings. For example (i) to provide, develop, maintain, personalize, protect and improve our Sites, products and services and to operate our business, (ii) to perform analytics, including to analyze and report on usage and performance of our Sites and individual Photographers, (iii) to protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, (iv) to create aggregate data about groups or categories of our users, and (v) for us and our affiliates, business partners and select third parties to target, offer, market or advertise products, programs or services.
4.Information Sharing and Disclosure.
We may share and disclose Information in the following ways or for any other purpose disclosed at the time of collection
With your consent. We may disclose Information when you provide us with your consent to do so.
Change of control. We may transfer Information in the event of a business transaction, such as if we or one of our business units or our relevant assets are acquired by, sold to or merged with another company or as part of a bankruptcy processing or a business reorganization.
Service providers. We may require a third party to perform services for us, such as but not limited to creation, maintenance, hosting and delivery of our Sites, Content and Services, conduct marketing, handle payments, email and order fulfillment, conduct research and analytics or provide customer service. In order to perform the applicable service for us, the third party may require access to Information.
Linked sites. Some of our Sites contain links to other sites, including Social Media Sites, whose information practices may be different from ours. Information you submit to other sites will be governed by the other sites’ privacy policies and terms.
Advertising networks. We may share certain information with parties to provide advertising to you based on your interests. For more information, please see Section 4, “Your Choices and Controls,” below.
5. Your Choices and Controls .
Marketing communications and sharing with third parties. We provide you with an opportunity to express your preferences with respect to receiving certain marketing communications from us, and our sharing of personal information with unaffiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes. [If you ever decide in the future you would like to update these preferences, you may (i) log into an account you have created with us at one of our Sites to adjust your settings, or (ii) send us an email at email@example.com. To opt out of receiving our email marketing communications, you can also follow the “unsubscribe” instructions provided in any marketing email you receive from us. If you previously chose to receive push notifications on your mobile device from us, but no longer wish to receive them, you can manage your preferences through your device or app settings, depending on the type of device. If you have signed up to receive text messages from us and no longer wish to receive such messages, you may follow the instructions to stop the delivery of such messages, which may include by replying “STOP” to the received text message.]
We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity, including authenticating you through the email address associated with your Account. We may require further documentation such as your username and passwords before granting access to your Information. We may have to retain certain Information due to its legal obligations.[My Paparazzi] is the logo, trademark and service mark of My Paparazzi.
For California residents, please see below for additional information in the choices we provide to you.
[Your rights/opt out as a California resident. California residents may opt out of the “sale” of their personal information. California law broadly defines “sale” in a way that may include allowing third parties to receive certain information such as cookies, IP address, device identifiers or other hashed identifiers, interests, browsing behavior and/or other activity to add to a provide about your device, browser, or you. This profile enables the delivery of advertising, [including Interest-Based Advertising, which may enable us to provide you certain content for free.]
Depending on what Services you use, we may share the following categories of information for such purposes which may be considered a “sale” (as defined by California law):
- identification and demographics;
- device information and identifiers, such as IP address, IDFA, IDFV and MAC Address, and cookies;
- connection and usage information, such as browsing, history or app usage;
- hashed identifiers (contact information);
- geolocation information, such as city; and
- reference data.
For more information about Interest-Based Advertising on your desktop or mobile browser, and how to opt out of this type of advertising by third parties that participate in self-regulatory programs, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative website and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising website. To learn more about Interest-Based Advertising in mobile apps and to opt out of this type of advertising by third parties that participate in the DAA’s AppChoices tool, please use this link to download the version of AppChoices for your device. Please note that any opt-out choice you exercise through these programs will apply to Interest-Based Advertising by the third parties you select, but will still allow the collection of data for other purposes, including research, analytics, and internal operations. You may continue to receive advertising, but that advertising may be less relevant to your interests.
California residents can also request a list of all the third parties to which we have disclosed certain personal information (as defined by California’s Shine the Light law) during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
To opt out of our own collection, use, and transfer of data as described above for interest-based advertising, or to submit a California Shine the Light request please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “My Rights-California” in the subject line and provide a clear explanation of which right you are exercising, including an attestation that you are a California resident in the body of the email. Please note that if you opt out, we will continue to collect data for other purposes, including research, analytics, and internal operations. You may continue to receive advertising on our Sites based on your activities on our Sites.
You may have more options depending on your mobile device and operating system. For example, most device operating systems (e.g., iOS for Apple phones, Android for Android devices, and Windows for Microsoft devices) provide their own instructions on how to limit or prevent the delivery of tailored in-application advertisements. You may review the support materials and/or the privacy settings for the respective operating systems to learn more about these features and how they apply to tailored in-app advertisements.]
Precise location information. To disable the collection of precise location information from your mobile device through our mobile apps, you can access your mobile device settings and choose to limit that collection.
See also, Section 5, “Cookies and Other Technical Information,” for more choices about managing other technical and usage information.
For residents located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) of the European Union, please see below for additional information in the choice we provide to you.
If you are an individual in the EEA, we collect and process Information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable EU laws. The legal bases depend on the Services you use and how you use them. If you have consented to us using your information, you can revoke that consent at any time for any reason. You may email us at email@example.com to revoke such consent. Please include “My Rights-EU” in the subject line and provide a clear explanation of which right you are exercising and your country of residence in the body of the email.
Under local laws of the European Union, you may be able to ask us to:
- provide access to certain information we hold about you, in some cases in a portable format, if technically feasible;
- update or correct your information
- delete certain information
- restrict the use of your information
We will respond within the time period prescribed by applicable law. Please note that many of the above rights are subject to exceptions and limitations. For example, some Services can only be provided if we have certain information, therefore deletion of said information will result in a termination of such Services.
6.Cookies and Other Technical Information.
Cookies and other technologies. We, and our affiliates, vendors, and business partners may send “cookies” to your computer or use similar technologies to understand and enhance your online experience at our Sites and through our advertising and media across the Internet and mobile apps.
Cookies are small text files placed in your browser. We may also use pixels or “web beacons” that monitor your use of our Sites. Web beacons are small strings of code that provide a method for delivering a graphic image on a webpage for the purpose of transferring data, such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the web beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the web beacon appears, the time the page containing the web beacon was viewed, the type of browser that fetched the web beacon, and the identification number of any cookie on the computer previously placed by that server. We may also integrate SDKs into our applications to perform similar functions as cookies and web beacons. For example, SDKs may collect technical and usage information such as mobile device identifiers and your interactions with the Site and other mobile apps.
Managing cookies and other technologies. Cookies can either be persistent (i.e., they remain on your computer until you delete them) or temporary (i.e., they last only until you close your browser). Check your browser settings to learn how to delete cookies.
You may adjust your browser to reject cookies from us or from any other website. Controlling cookies via browser controls may not limit our use of other technologies. Please consult your browser’s settings for more information. However, blocking cookies or similar technology might prevent you from accessing some of our content or Site features.
[Some of our Sites may use locally stored objects (“LSOs”) to provide certain content, such as video on demand, video clips, or animation, and a better user experience. Adobe's Flash player and similar applications use this technology to remember settings, preferences, and usage similar to browser cookies. Flash cookies are not managed through your web browser, but you can access your Flash management tools by visiting Adobe's web site. Your browser may also offer other tools to delete or reject other LSOs; please check your browser’s settings or help menu for more information.
Our Sites may use Google Analytics to analyze traffic. You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies by visiting the follow location provided: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage. To opt out of Google Analytics relating to your use of our Sites, you can download and install the Browser Plugin available by visiting the following location: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
We do not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. We continue to review new technologies and may adopt a standard once one is created.
See the Section 4, “Your Choices and Controls,” to learn how to control data collection for certain purposes.
We have put in place reasonable controls designed to help safeguard the Information we collect via the Sites. However, no security measures are perfect, and we cannot assure you that personal information that we collect will never be accessed or used in an unauthorized way.
8. How You Can Access or Correct Information.
9.Additional Information Regarding Minor’s Privacy
Our Services are not intended for use by children, and we do not knowingly or intentionally solicit data from or market to minor children. We reserve the right to delete any child’s information or registration. However, as we rely on our users providing truthful information when accessing our Site and using our Services, if you are a parent or guardian and believe your child under the age of 18 has provided us with personal information without consent, please email us at [firstname.lastname@example.org.]
We operate internationally, and many of our computer systems are currently based in the United States, which means Information we collect will be processed by us in the U.S. where data protection and privacy regulations may not offer the same level of protection as in other parts of the world, such as the European Union. If you use or visit our Sites from outside the United States, you consent to the collection and/or processing in the United States of Information we collect from you.
11.California and CCPA metrics, and disclosures.
1.What information does MyPaparazzi have about me?
\Information you provide to us, for example:
- contact information and account registration details, such as your email address to send you messages about purchases;
- transactional data, such as the services you have purchased with us, so that we can ensure you have the appropriate entitlements;
- user-generated content, such as photographs uploaded for sale
- research and feedback, such as your comments, so that we can improve our services;
- audio and video, such as an audio recording of a customer service call, so that we can train our staff.
Information we collect automatically, for example:
- device information and identifiers, such as your IP address or browser type, so we can ensure our website is optimized to your viewing needs;
- connection and usage data, such as the fact that you opened one of our emails, so that we serve you more relevant content;
Information we obtain from third parties, for example:
- information from public and commercial services, such as your shopping preferences to better tailor advertising to you;
- social media information, such as your social media login data if you choose to connect your profile to our services; information from third party partners in connection with the MyPaparazzi Services.
2 How does MyPaparazzi use my personal information?
- Provide the Services, for example if you have trouble accessing a feature on a website, we can offer you support. We may also use the fact that you had trouble to work to improve that feature or create new ones.
- Send you marketing communications, for example we may send you information about the successful upload of new Content.
- Provide a seamless experience across platforms, for example, we will recognize your log-in so you can access your cart regardless of what device you may be accessing it from.
- Market and Advertise for third parties, for example we may take the fact that you enjoy articles about celebrities and use that fact to serve you relevant or related content.
- Protect our users, Services, and properties, for example we may detect an unauthorized attempt to log in to an account.
3. How does MyPaparazzi share my personal information?
- Advertisers, advertising networks, and other third parties. For example, we may collect a device ID along with the location of the Content you search for. We may then pass your device ID along to an advertising network in order to serve you advertisements about activities in that area.
- Partners. For example, you may ask us to share your information with a cellular service or credit card company in order to receive their offers or rebates.
- Social networks. For example, you may click ‘share’ to have a story from MyPaparazzi property appear on your social media account. When you do this some information about you will be passed to the platform.
- Service providers. For example, we may use a vendor to collect data about a user’s ‘journey’—what webpage they start on, what pages they view and for how long—to optimize our website.
- Search engines. For example, Content uploaded by users may be searchable on internet search engines.
- Law enforcement. For example, we may work with law enforcement if we detect potential fraud on our digital platforms.
4. Does MyPaparazzi sell my personal information?
Can I make a request to access and delete my data?
If you live in California, you (or your authorized agent) can exercise your access or deletion by emailing us at email@example.com. Please include “My Rights-California” in the subject line and provide a clear explanation of which right you are exercising, including an attestation that you are a California resident in the body of the email.
Can I submit a request on someone else’s behalf?
If you live in California, a third party may be allowed to submit an individual rights request on your behalf. An authorized agent is defined in Section 999.301(c) of the CCPA.
7. Does MyPaparazzi offer financial incentives?
The Service may offer opportunities to receive certain services or benefits such as discounts or free Content or expanded licensing (such as promotions), which may require the provision of personal information. Such opportunities could be considered a financial incentive under California law (each, an “Incentive Program”). When you participate in an Incentive Program, you agree to the terms of that Incentive Program, and may revoke your participation depending on the Incentive Program (e.g., by opting out of emails or termination of our Services). To the extent we can determine the value of your information, we consider the value of providing you with a more personalized experience as well as the expenses we incur in providing Incentive Programs that are rea
11. How Long We Store Your Information
We will keep your Information for only as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes described above, unless a longer retention is required or permitted by law. We may delete or de-identify your Information sooner if we receive a verifiable deletion request, subject to exemptions under applicable law. The retention period that applies to your information may vary depending on which of our Services you use and how you interact with them.
12.How to Contact Us
PO Box 15372 Wilmington, NC 28408